Installation for Dishwashers will be carried out by professional licensed plumbers.
We will remove old for new and customer service is number 1 for us and that is why we started Appliances Today to offer quality service and installation with great products.
All jobs will be booked in with the family-run business Heritage Plumbing Group, they are a Victorian-based plumbing company that has been delivering quality work for over 10 years.
Once you place your order, you will receive contact from Heritage Plumbing Group who will arrange a time for when a qualified technician can come out to your property. Upon confirmation, you will receive a message on the day of the installation with a picture of the technician and also confirming the booking time.
Included in the Installation
- Check the area for existing damage and check measurements to ensure the new appliance/fixture/tapware will fit the existing cutout/allowed space.
- Check all connections are all working and are up to code
- Deliver new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Remove old appliance/fixture/tapware
- Install new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Test the appliance/fixture/tapware to ensure everything is working correctly
- Show the customer how to use the new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Clean up the area
Extra works that may need to be done
- Relocate connection (after 1.5m)
- New power/water/gas line
- Relocate appliance/fixture/tapware
- Add new fittings to ensure appliance/fixture/tapware is up to code
- If extra works outside these need to be done please Call Appliances Today 1300 896 896 to discuss and get a quote from one of their qualified technicians.
Dishwashers Installation Tips
- Are you changing over an existing dishwasher? If so, will the new model fit in this location.
It’s important to check the dimensions of your new appliance against the dimensions of the existing appliance or existing opening to make sure that the new appliance will fit.
Yes – If your new dishwasher fits in the existing dishwasher location no cabinet maker should be necessary, and one of our plumbers can help you with your dishwasher installation.
No – If your new dishwasher doesn’t fit in the existing dishwasher location, a cabinet maker may be required – Feel free to call for additional information or a quote.
- Is your water pressure compatible with your proposed dishwasher? Do you need a pressure limiting valve installed?
Depending on the water pressure at your property, your dishwasher may require a pressure limiting valve to be installed before the dishwasher. A pressure limiting valve reduces the pressure of the water after it flows through the valve. This is designed to protect the parts within your dishwasher. If one isn’t installed where required, it can damage the internal parts and cause the dishwasher to drip or leak.
Many manufacturers will only warranty their products if there is a pressure limiting valve installed meeting a certain pressure (eg. 500kPa). If Please be sure to check the ‘resources’ section under each dishwasher listing on our website to view the technical specifications sheet of your appliance. Feel free to call for additional information or a quote.
- If this is a new install, do you have power close by and readily available for use? Typically, a 10A (amp) wall outlet is required.
Typically, a standard 10A (amp) power point is required for most dishwashers. If you do not have a power point nearby you will be required to install one and one of our electricians may be required. Feel free to call for additional information or a quote.
- If this is a new install, do you have cold water supply and sewerage close by and readily available for use?
Yes - If there is a cold water supply and a sewer drainage point in the cupboard next to the dishwasher readily available for use, we should be able to connect your dishwasher to those.
No - If there is no nearby water supply or sewerage you will be required to run a new pipe from your cold water service, and a new drainage point from your sewer drain – a quote will be required. Feel free to call for additional information or a quote.
- Always ensure to engage a licensed plumber and electrician for installation so it complies with Australian Standards.
If your installation includes any plumbing or electrical work it’s essential to use a licensed plumber or electrician. Licensed trades must hold insurance to be granted their license, which protects both you and your home. A licensed trade has a higher standard of knowledge and experience than someone who is only registered or in training.