Installation for Washing Machines will be carried out by professional licensed plumbers.
We will remove old for new and customer service is number 1 for us and that is why we started Appliances Today to offer quality service and installation with great products.
All jobs will be booked in with the family-run business Heritage Plumbing Group, they are a Victorian-based plumbing company that has been delivering quality work for over 10 years.
Once you place your order, you will receive contact from Heritage Plumbing Group who will arrange a time for when a qualified technician can come out to your property. Upon confirmation, you will receive a message on the day of the installation with a picture of the technician and also confirming the booking time.
Included in the Installation
- Check the area for existing damage and check measurements to ensure the new appliance/fixture/tapware will fit the existing cutout/allowed space.
- Check all connections are all working and are up to code
- Deliver new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Remove old appliance/fixture/tapware
- Install new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Test the appliance/fixture/tapware to ensure everything is working correctly
- Show the customer how to use the new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Clean up the area
Extra works that may need to be done
- Relocate connection
- New power/water/gas line
- Relocate appliance/fixture/tapware
- Add new fittings to ensure appliance/fixture/tapware is up to code
- If extra works outside these need to be done please Call Appliances Today 1300 896 896 to discuss and get a quote from one of their qualified technicians.
Washing Machine Installation Tips
- Are you installing a washing machine where there was not one before? If so, do you have water supply close by?
Yes - If there is cold water supply nearby we should be able to connect it to your washing machine, often there is an available water point underneath your laundry trough, or mounted near where the washing machine lives.
No - If there is no nearby water point you will be required to run a new cold water supply pipe to your washing machine.
Majority of new washing machines only need to be connected to the cold water supply and the unit will heat the water itself during the cycle
- Will your washing machine fit in your desired location? Do you need to get a cabinet maker to modify the existing location?
It’s important to check the dimensions of your new appliance against the dimensions of the existing appliance or existing opening to make sure that the new appliance will fit.
Yes – If your new washing machine fits in the existing washing machine location no cabinet maker should be necessary.
No – If your new washing machine doesn’t fit in the existing washing machine location, a cabinet maker may be required – Feel free to call for additional information or a quote.
- Can you get your washing machine into the proposed location? Are your doorways and openings large enough for you to get the washing machine in place?
Please check the dimensions of your new appliance against the dimensions of your house and doorways before purchasing to make sure your new appliance will physically fit through the openings into your house.
- Do you require your washing machine to be integrated with your cabinetry? If so, you will be required to speak to your preferred cabinet maker.
Integrated cabinetry is when the front or door of your appliance is altered to match the rest of your kitchen cabinetry. If you currently have or are installing integrated cabinetry, you will be required to talk to your preferred cabinet maker regarding installation.
- Are there stairs in your home? Can we safely get the appliance inside your home? If you have any concerns, please call the office to discuss.
The weight and dimensions of your washing machine will vary depending on your brand and model. Please keep access to your property in mind when purchasing your fridge as we want to deliver the items to you as safely as possible.
- Always ensure to engage a licensed plumber for installation so it complies with Australian Standards.
If your installation includes any plumbing or electrical work it’s essential to use a licensed plumber or electrician. Licensed trades must hold insurance to be granted their license, which protects both you and your home. A licensed trade has a higher standard of knowledge and experience than someone who is only registered or in training.