Installation for Hot water units will be carried out by professional licensed plumbers.
We will remove old for new and customer service is number 1 for us and that is why we started Appliances Today to offer quality service and installation with great products.
All jobs will be booked in with the family-run business Heritage Plumbing Group, they are a Victorian-based plumbing company that has been delivering quality work for over 10 years.
Once you place your order, you will receive contact from Heritage Plumbing Group who will arrange a time for when a qualified technician can come out to your property. Upon confirmation, you will receive a message on the day of the installation with a picture of the technician and also confirming the booking time.
Included in the Installation
- Check the area for existing damage and check measurements to ensure the new appliance/fixture/tapware will fit the existing cutout/allowed space.
- Check all connections are all working and are up to code
- Deliver new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Remove old appliance/fixture/tapware
- Install new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Test the appliance/fixture/tapware to ensure everything is working correctly
- Show the customer how to use the new appliance/fixture/tapware
- Clean up the area
- Includes to moved within 1m and new valves (if needed) tempering valve
Extra works that may need to be done
- Relocate connection
- New power/water/gas line
- Relocate appliance/fixture/tapware
- Add new fittings to ensure appliance/fixture/tapware is up to code
- Solar and Heat Pump Hot water units to be quoted only
- If extra works outside are outside of these scope please Call Appliances Today 1300 896 896 to discuss and get a quote from one of their qualified technicians.
Hot Water Installation Tips
- When choosing your hot water service there are multiple factors to consider, how many people live in the house, how many bathrooms are there, which type do I need to suit my lifestyle, how many litres do I require, what do I have at the moment, am I restricted because of my existing plumbing and electrical etc. and the list goes on. Everyone’s situation and needs can be completely different and it is best to engage a professional to help you decide what is best for you and your family. Call our friendly staff today 1300 896 896 to help pick your next hot water service.
- When installing any hot water service but especially a continuous flow hot water service you have to consider if the existing gas line is sufficient. If it is a new install, it will generally cost more to install a continuous flow as it requires a larger diameter gas line due to the reason of it needing a bigger flow of gas to heat your water almost instantaneously.
- Although a gas continuous flow uses more gas than a regular gas storage tank, they are still more efficient to run.
- Are you energy conscious? If so, ask our friendly staff which models have a higher star rating which will reduce carbon emissions and of course your energy bill.
- Did you know the government is currently giving out rebates if you install a heat pump, conditions apply?
- Are you installing a solar hot water service? To get the most out of a solar hot water system the collectors should be tilted towards the sun for optimal performance, which means mounting them on a north-facing roof. Panels are most effective when they are installed on a 20-30 degree roof.
- Did you know electric hot water services requires a dedicated circuit which is run from the internal household switchboard to the proposed hot water unit? It will always be cheaper to install if the switchboard is close to the proposed hot water service.
- Always ensure to engage a licensed plumber and electrician for installation so it complies with Australian Standards.
If your installation includes any plumbing or electrical work it’s essential to use a licensed plumber or electrician. Licensed trades must hold insurance to be granted their license, which protects both you and your home. A licensed trade has a higher standard of knowledge and experience than someone who is only registered or in training.